Management of SARS-CoV-2
At MÜNCHENSTIFT, an internal steering group takes over the management of the action and pandemic plan and ensures short communication channels for all internal and external partners.
On this page you will find current regulations and information that apply to all MÜNCHENSTIFT facilities.
Last update: 08/03/2021
Current rules and regulations.
Returning residents and new residents (care)
Residents who are transferred back from a referring facility (e.g. hospital) or who move in from their own home must undergo a protective measure. This consists of a 10-day quarantine, in which the person in question
- eats their meals in their own room,
- must wear a mouth-nose protection when leaving the room.
- Any care activities always take place in their room.
For persons in possession of a vaccination certificate issued to them (vaccinated persons) or convalescent certificate (convalescent persons), the protective measure is not applicable.
Vaccinations against the coronavirus are carried out by mobile vaccination teams in the respective facility for unvaccinated persons or those with only one vaccination. The health department is responsible for the implementation. Vaccination is, of course, voluntary and only carried out with a declaration of consent. The vaccination is preceded by individual information talks with a doctor.
These regulations result from consultations of the Task Force Nursing Homes in consultation with the responsible departments in the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care.
Regulations for visitors to our residences
Visiting residents in our care and nursing homes is possible. However, a few conditions still apply to visits:
- Visitors who have not been vaccinated or have not recovered must provide evidence of a written or electronic negative test result of a PCR or POC antigen test or a supervised antigen test for self-administration by lay persons (self-test). The test must not be older than 24 hours.
- Persons in possession of a vaccination certificate issued in their name (vaccinated persons) or convalescent certificate (convalescent persons) as well as children up to their sixth birthday are exempt from the requirement to present proof of testing.
- Above an incidence rate of 50, contact details must be provided at the time of a visit.
- Visits to the following facilities must be announced in advance by telephone: St. Josef, Haus an der Rümannstraße, Haus an der Effnerstraße, Haus an der Tauernstraße, Heilig Geist.
When visiting residents of our care and nursing homes, the following applies:
- FFP2 masks are compulsory for visitors who have not been vaccinated or have not recovered, otherwise a medical face mask must be worn.
- The requirement to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m at all times, if possible.
These regulations result from the current Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance of the Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care as well as in-house regulations of the MÜNCHENSTIFT facilities.
Events in retirement and care homes
Events organised by MÜNCHENSTIFT as well as events held on the premises of the respective MÜNCHENSTIFT facilities will take place in accordance with the general and extended hygiene measures of the MÜNCHENSTIFT pandemic plan.
External persons (relatives, volunteers) can participate in these events.
MÜNCHENSTIFT’s Covid-19 test concept relies on rapid antigen tests for preventive testing and on PCR tests in case of suspected cases and acute outbreaks. Only tests published on the website of the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices are used.
- Visitors, volunteers and service providers who have not been vaccinated or have not recovered must be tested before entering the building and/or taking up work.
- Non-vaccinated or non-recovering staff members must be tested twice a week.
From an incidence rate in Munich > 50,
- All residents are tested at least twice a month on a voluntary basis.
In case of outbreaks in residences
- Regular and situational testing is carried out for staff and residents.
- Unvaccinated visitors are tested before being admitted to the residence.