MÜNCHENSTIFT and all its employees feel a special commitment to protecting the environment. Our corporate activities are therefore consistently aimed at avoiding environmental pollution and saving resources. As a non-profit enterprise of the City of Munich, we regard sustainability and environmental protection as unassailable values.
Our sustainable development takes into account not only ecological and economic factors, but also social aspects. This is the only way to ensure the continuous improvement of our environmental performance in the long term.
Our path to climate neutrality
- Conversion to sustainable mobility with electric cars for our ambulatory care service and produce delivery vans. Promoting climate-neutral mobility among employees by providing electric bikes and funding job tickets for local public transport.
- Use of green power for all our facilities and feeding solar energy into the public grid.
- Landscaping vacant ground and outdoor areas according to biodiversity aspects to promote the protection of species.
- Offering vegetarian meals daily in our residences and purchasing mainly organic produce and regional organic meat.
- Preparing for certification to the European Union’s Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) in order to enshrine environmental protection measures in all of our corporate processes.
- Sustainability of care based on our green care concept which integrates nature, flora and fauna into the care process.
Offsetting our carbon footprint
We constantly endeavour to minimise CO2 emissions or better, to avoid them altogether. Unfortunately, we still generate a certain amount of residual emissions, which is why we cooperate with Climate Partner to offset our carbon footprint by funding local and international climate protection projects.
- Tree planting in Germany carried out for us by Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald e. V.
- Forest protection through the sustainable cultivation of Brazil nuts in Peru
Certification according to the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) of the European Union
Our environmental protection measures must comply with the quality and hygiene regulations of senior citizen facilities and nursing homes and also take into account the regulations of European procurement law.
For this reason, MÜNCHENSTIFT has had its Alfons-Hoffmann-Haus certified according to EMAS and defined an environmental management system. This system defines in a structured way the responsibilities, behaviour, processes and specifications for the implementation of climate protection. The focus is on the following environmental protection measures:
- Continuous improvement of sustainability performance and ongoing improvements to the environmental management system
- Promotion of environmental awareness through active participation of our employees and training and further education on climate protection and sustainability
- Transparent and open communication of environmentally relevant aspects within the company itself, but also with corporate partners and in the neighbourhoods
- Binding commitment to the Paris Climate Agreement and compliance with the climate protection goals of the City of Munich